Excursion destinations on Usedom
The town of Zinnowitz is located in the north of the island, just a few kilometers from the Ostsee Bridge in Wolgast and can be reached in less than 30 minutes from the A20 motorway.
In the year 1309 the place was first mentioned. Known then as Tzys (Slavic for yew tree), later as Zitz, and over the years as Zinnowitz. In June 1851, the then 365-inhabitant town was granted imperial bathing permission and thus officially became a lido and holiday resort.