Taste the fresh sea air. Listen to the sound of the waves.
Enjoy excellent service.
A view of the Baltic Sea to the horizon, colorful sunsets and a fresh sea breeze. Find your own feel-good place on the island of Usedom in one of our 43 individually arranged rooms and apartments.
The late classicist design of the Usedom Palace Hotel with significant turrets is a true landmark of Usedom.
... then the walls of the "Usedom Palace" would have a lot to tell. Hardly any other hotel on the German Baltic Sea coast has seen so much history as this 5-star hotel in Zinnowitz.
Named as "Schwabe’s Hotel", the late classicist building opened in May 1900 directly on the Zinnowitz waterfront after two years of construction. Under the direction of Paul Dillner, the “Schwabe’s” becomes the “most noble house in the square”. Fun Fact: When the telephone was introduced on Usedom, “Schwabe’s Hotel” was given the number Zinnowitz 1. Then as now, the beautiful white turret house is the most photographed object in all of Zinnowitz. A landmark of Usedom.
And wonderful times took place in this landmark. The Schwabe's Swing Orchestra plays for tea and in the evening. The writer Hedwig Courths-Mahler spends two summers at "Schwabe's", writing seven of her 200 novels here. Crown Prince Wilhelm drops by with his Berta-Louise, Foreign Minister Walter Rathenau could forget the problems of the Weimar Republic for a few days, and Hans Fallada, appropriately, drinks the first royalties from the “Little Man” - shortly before the Nazis arrest him.
In 1937, the "Schwabe’s" received a new, prominent regular guest, but you couldn’t enjoy him for very long. A neat young soldier with a sailor's hat who enjoys the privilege of being able to dress in civilian clothes. His name: Wernher von Braun. It is only a stone's throw from Peenemünde to Zinnowitz. And so von Braun and his colleagues from the Army Research Institute spend many evenings at the large table of eight in the back of the restaurant.
We don't know which of their ideas they hatched in "Schwabe's". But we do know that those ideas were so good that unfortunately the north of Usedom including Zinnowitz is declared a restricted area. The bathing operation is discontinued. Place and hotel fall into a deep slumber. And then came the war ....
The first holidaymakers on the Baltic Sea came back to Zinnowitz in 1946. In 1950 the public lido already had 20,000 guests. And yet the next dictatorship is on the march. And with it the “Aktion Rose”. In 1953 hotels and guesthouses were searched all over the island for alleged economic crimes. The People's Police arrested 477 hoteliers and restaurateurs, 440 hotels and guesthouses and 181 restaurants, houses and land were confiscated.
They pass into the so-called public property. “Schwabe’s Hotel” becomes the “FDGB-Erholungsheim Klement Gottwald”.
The German reunification. From 1990 onwards, several investors try to reconstruct the "Schwabe's". But in vain. The building is falling into disrepair. In the end, only the outer walls are left. But even they still have so much charm that aviation pioneer Dr. Hinrich Bischoff (Germania Fluggesellschaft) fell in love with this building right away.
Just within 18 months, a top-class international hotel was built within the original walls: The Usedom Palace. Unique: Already at the opening on April 20, 2000, the “Palace” was awarded five stars.
The guest quickly discovers the reasons for this: Comfortably furnished, individual rooms and suites. The wonderful ambience of the restaurant, the bar and breakfast room.
Furthermore the large wellness and fitness area with a large indoor pool, sauna, steam bath, solarium and whirlpool.